Picture this.
It's Sunday night, at around 6:30 in the evening. All is great, except for the fact that dinner is not cooked, Mom's busy on the computer, and Dad--well, let's just say his nose barely reaches the stove top and leave it at that. Adam's exhausted and Adina's watching the kids. That leaves only two people: Chef Dewey, and Chef Alexis. Quickly, the two masters whipped out the cook books to concoct a great work of art...or at least something edible. Finally, we settled on Hearty Potato Chowder; simple yet yummy! Unfortunately, our choice didn't go well with the Master Master Chef, considering that it was late, and we didn't have all the ingredients. Eventually, she consented to a quick trip to Wal-Mart saying "If the kids go to bed late, I'm going to hold it over your head for the next two years!" So I hopped in the car and jetted off to Wal-Mart, with only fifteen minutes to shop.
After several failed attempts to find the cream of chicken, I gave up, feeling quite defeated. Suddenly, my eyes fell on a can of Cambells already prepared Potato chowder. Praise God! I had been saved. It was just like it said in the Bible "Delight thyself in the Lord, and He will provide you with five cans of soup that you desire!" (Psalm 37 revised) I quickly threw five cans into the cart and flew out the store.
Back at home, the cans were opened and hastily discarded in the trash (Hey, this is suppose to be home cooked, I'm not going to tell my siblings that I cheated!). After discovering that the soup was somewhat bland-tasting, I chopped some onion, celery, and bacon and threw it in with some Thyme and frozen corn. Some people ask us how the kids know when it is time for dinner. My mom's response is simple: either she yells over the intercome "LAST ONE TO THE TABLE IS GROUNDED!", or we can smell dinner burning. In this case, it was the delicious, savory aroma that brought the younglings through the kitchen door, and with big appetites too. The funny thing that I observed was when each of my siblings took their first bite, they would look at me with big eyes, eat their bowls clean, and then leave without a word. Yep, that definitely means they like it. The only sibling that filed a complaint against me was Adam, who wished their was more...hmm....good complaint.
It was only when Adam spotted the five cans in the trash that my bubble burst!
Now each sibling comes to me sayin "hey Lex, thanks for the meal there's nothing like doctored up Cambells"
But as my good friend would say it "Hey, it is a home cooked meal...Sara Lee style!"
Monday, January 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hahaha, what a great story! I love the part about getting grounded if you don't show up for dinner on time.
someone who can't even cook from a can.
Generally I do not learn article on blogѕ, however Ι wοuld like to
saу thаt thiѕ write-uρ very forceԁ mе to take a look
at and do ѕo! Your writing taste has been surprisеd me.
Thanks, quіte nice article.
mу web site - home Business Jobs
Very shortlу this website will be famous among all blogging
viewerѕ, due to іt's pleasant articles or reviews
Visit my webpage; hcg drops ca
Gooԁ daу! Do yοu knоw if they mаke any pluginѕ to aѕsіst with Searсh Еngіne
Oρtimizatіon? Ι'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm
not ѕeeing very good ѕuccess. If уοu
κnow of any pleaѕе ѕhаre. Τhanks!
Also viѕit my wеbsіte: miracle garcinia cambogia
Hello, і think thаt i saw you vіsіted my web
site so i сamе to “rеturn the favor”.
I'm attempting to find things to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!
Feel free to visit my web page ... sportsbet
Howdy just wanted to give you a quiсk heads up аnd let you know а
few of the pictures aren't loading properly. I'm not suге why but I thinκ its а
linking iѕsuе. I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same results.
My weblog; sportsbet
Great info. Luckу me I recently founԁ your blog by chаncе (stumbleupon).
I've saved it for later!
Here is my web-site sportsbet
Post a Comment